The Academic Council is responsible for:
- Advising the Executive Council on academic matters
- Regulating the conduct of teaching, research, publications and examinations
- Regulating the admission of students to courses of studies and examinations at the Institute
- Regulating the conduct and discipline of the students of the Institute
- Regulating award of financial assistance, exhibitions, medals and prizes
- Formulating courses of study, syllabi and outlines of all examinations conducted by the Institute
External Members of the Council:
- Mr. Mazhar ul Haq Siddiqui
- Ms. Rukhsana Asghar
Board of Advanced Studies and Research:
IoBM has a Board of Studies which reports to the Academic Council. It supervises teaching research and academic discipline. It has three sub-committees on curriculum, resources and discipline. External members on the Board of Studies are:
External Members of the Board:
- Dr. Abuzar Wajidi
- Dr. Bhawani Shankar
- Dr. Muhammad Saleem
Board of Studies:
The following departments exist in the Institute:
College of Business Management (CBM)
Communication, Management, Marketing, Human Resource Management, Health & Hospital Management, Accounting and Finance, Environment & Energy Management, Risk Management, Industrial Management, Advertising & Media Management and MPhil Business Management.
College of Computer Science and Information Systems (CCSIS)
Mathematics and Statistics, Computer Science & MIS and Actuarial Science.
College of Economics and Social Development (CESD)
Economics, Commercial and Professional Studies, Media Studies, Education, Policy & Area Studies, Business Psychology, Social Sciences and Organizational Psychology.
College of Engineering and Sciences (CES)
Electronics & Telecommunication
HoDs report to the Dean and the academic work of each department is governed by a departmental board of studies consisting of both internal and external members.