Intellectual Property Rights: Awareness and Understanding in National Context
Intellectual property rights are legal rights that provide creators protection for original works, inventions, or the appearance of products, artistic works, scientific developments, and so on.
There are four types of intellectual property rights (IP): patents, trademarks, copyrights, and trade secrets.
IP is protected in law by, which enable people to earn recognition or financial benefit from what they invent or create. By striking the right balance between the interests of innovators and the wider public interest, the IP system aims to foster an environment in which creativity and innovation can flourish.
- To provide a platform for the encouragement of discovery spirit among the faculty and students and encourage scientific investigation and research;
- To understand the legislation of identification, ownership, protection and commercialization of Intellectual Property;
- To understand how to protect the ownerships rights of researchers / innovators with respect to their intellectual efforts;
- To explain IPO role of aiding researchers regarding patenting of their creative works;
- To raise awareness and sensitize about Intellectual Property Rights;
- To explain the economic benefits arising from the commercialization of Intellectual Property which should be distributed in a fair and equitable manner recognizing the contributions of the Inventors, the University as well as any other relevant stakeholders;
Who Should Attend
Faculty members, researchers, and students relating to the field of social sciences, management, engineering, startups, and people who are interested in starting their own business.
Mr. Syed Nasrullah, Deputy Director, Intellectual Property Organization (IPO), Government of Pakistan has more than a decade long experience in IPO. He has an extensive experience in the field and have deep knowledge on the legislative matters of patents, copyrights, trademarks and trade secrets. He attended several international trainings and represented IPO-Pakistan on several national and international platforms.
Date: November 24, 2021
Time: 01:00 pm to 03:00 pm.
For further query, please contact; Rabiya Alvi, Officer, Office of Research, Innovation & Commercialization (ORIC), email@example.com
To participate in the seminar, please register, click here