Writing Research Grant Proposal
Office of Research, Innovation & Commercialization (ORIC) of the Institute of Business Management (IoBM) is organizing a series of workshops on developing a winning grant proposal for interested researchers & professionals. In the first series, we will accommodate only 12 participants to have a detailed and deliberate discussion with the individual focus. Interested development professionals, researchers, faculty, and graduate students should register as soon as possible, as this workshop is highly demanded means that seats will fill up quickly.
All participants will receive a certificate of participation from the Institute.
The Writing Research Grant Proposal workshop will be an intensive and detailed introduction to the professional proposal writing process, structure, and skill. In this workshop, participants will learn the entire proposal writing process and complete the course with a solid understanding of the ideal proposal structure and a holistic understanding of the essential factors, which determine whether or not a program gets funded. By completing interactive exercises and activities, participants will complement expert lectures by putting proven techniques into practice.
This workshop is designed for beginners looking for a thorough introduction and the intermediate looking for a refresher course that will strengthen their grant acquisition skills. This workshop put is designed to get results by creating professional grant proposal writers.
Participants will become competent program planning and proposal writing professionals after the successful completion of the workshop.
- Understand proposal development processes and strategies.
- Prepare proposals that get results.
- Optimize success strategies for grant applications.
- Create workable and fundable ideas.
- Analyse proposal guidelines and structures.
- Plan and prepare an effective project summary, outline, and full proposal.
- To learn about the proposal development process?
- To practice hands-on the development of a proposal for grant?
- To develop individual and institutional capacity to develop winning proposals for grants
- To define the strategies and proper method for each proposal.
- To employ the best approach for winning a proposal.
- To obtain diverse methods to improve writing skills.
- To increase the proposal influence by using proper illustrations and case studies.
- Learn to be specific about the outcomes of the proposal.
- Understand the significance of developing proposals for grants
- Learn about the structure and process of proposal for private and public sector funders
- Hands-on practice on proposal development
- Learn why and how to develop a resource bank and manage knowledge
- Able to write a robust and as accurate as possible budget
- Able to write a proposal in a “logic model”
Who Should Attend
Faculty members, researcher and graduate students relating to the field of social sciences, management, engineering and IT/computer sciences interested in learning the skill.
About the Trainer
Dr. Ahsanullah Khan Wazeer is an M.B.B.S. He also has a Master of Business Administration in Health and hospital management and Ph.D. in Health Policy. He has more than 15 years of experience working within the health sector for projects with various clients including private as well as government sectors, international development partners, service and research organizations, hospital as well as public organizations.
His key expertise includes; Program Development and Assessment in areas of System Strengthening, District Systems Reforms of Human Resource, Governance, Regulations, Financing and Payment Systems, Public Private Partnership, Insurance and Pre-paid schemes, Implementation of Medium-Term Budgetary Framework, Results Based Financing, Monitoring and Assessment systems including blockchain.
For more detail information please click here
For registration please click here
Facilitator: Dr. Ahsanullah Khan Wazeer (MBBS; MBA, Ph.D.)
| Intros and warm up (10min)
PPT Introduction (general) to the grant proposal (15 min)
| One public sector (PC 1)
One private sector proposal
||Group Presentation and Conclusion
Fee: Rs. 2,500/-
Last Date of Registration: October 1, 2021
Date: October 7, 2021
Time: 10:00 am to 01:00 pm.
Venue: Theatre Hall, 2nd Floor, SSK Building, Institute of Business Management
For further query, please contact; Rabiya Alvi, Officer, Office of Research, Innovation & Commercialization (ORIC), email@example.com